Friday, November 12, 2010

'Vamos' by Vicentico...a true rockstar.

A few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine posted this video on my FB wall: ‘Vamos.’

It not only reminded me of how much I love my friend, it also brought back memories of one of the greatest bands I have seen playing live.

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs

While this song was composed by Vicentico after he left the band, it reminds me of  the whole band because the song helplessly bears the Cadillac’s signature. ..So, there you have it.

See, this was one of those multi-member/multi-instrument bands that featured a uniquely defined, signature leading voice. Vicentico -its singer, is an icon; a true Latin American rockstar. Everyone loves him, adores him or loves to hate him.

‘Vamos’ may not be Vicentico’s most famous or his most defining song; however it clearly shows the Cadillac style at its best. Vicentico’s voice is beautifully off key, but it is completely filled with pain and nostalgia, his notes go mercilessly straight into your heart as if you needed a reminder that loving is always really, really painful.

But my favorite band member has always been Mr. Flavio, the bass player. He is a myth, a master mind with at least two generations of adoring fans. Flavio Cianciarulo is one of the greatest bass guitar players on earth. No need to argue… just listen.

While Sax Alto usually gets on my nerves, the trombone tickles my fancy -just for the pleasure of comparing instruments. I love a well played rombone, I find it sensual in an unorthodox way. ‘El Tromboniño Albareda’ -the band’s trombonist until 2002, may very well take your brain for a ride on every one of their songs. While their magnificent percussion set imprints the final seal that proves why Argentinean Rock deserves its own label on Itunes.

‘Vamos” makes me think of a warm afternoon on the beach, after breaking up or loosing big. This is the kind of song you need to burn your demons, gain strength and go forward. This is a song to cry your pain away, then get up and go.

Enjoy.

Vamos by Vicentico

No comments:

Post a Comment