Saturday, January 8, 2011

Closer to the Edge (by 30 Seconds to Mars)



Watching Jared Leto is addictive…because he’s cute, because he’s arrogant, and because it appeals to my inverted narcissism.

To me, ‘Closer to the edge’ is a fantastic song, literally; then you add this power-punched video that's filled with live shots of massive venues, packed with frantic audiences...and you got me on a silver platter.


See, my opinion might be biased because the first time I heard the song I was watching TV -stoned  up to my ass; and there it was: Leto’s performance just blew me away. All my senses were aroused, so I may have seen or heard things that you, right now may not be able to. Regardless, 30 Seconds to Mars is an entertaining band: fun to watch, pleasant to hear, their songs are strong and well composed. There’s money invested but there’s also talent and quality in there.

I like fun and powerful bands these days. I no longer feel attracted by depressing music unless they’re absolute masterpieces such as those once composed by Radiohead, but they are no longer around so I choose this new indie Rock and Roll instead.

In my opinion 30 Seconds to Mars is the best thing that could have happened to Jared Leto, forget about funky independent movies, and forget about your pretty face.

Get on stage and rock my world mothafucka!

No comments:

Post a Comment